Friday, December 17, 2010

Passion

I mentioned Mr. Fogarty in a previous post about compassion, but he also had a lot of passion about what he was teaching.  He taught English and humanities and also coached the speech team that I became apart of.  He got me really excited about writing and influenced me to join the speech team Junior year.  I think Mr. Fogarty's passion was really evident in his dedication to teaching and his love of language.

I also had some teachers that were really apathetic about their subject, or at least it seemed that way. My eighth grade science teacher would have his head on his desk and his eyes closed for much of the class period each day.  This may have been a lack of passion about teaching in general and about the subject.  This may have something to do with my apathy for science today.

No comments:

Post a Comment